News and Events Archive
CFP: Annual Meeting of the Louisiana Historical Association(2014-07-31)
March 5th - 7th, 2015
Ramada Lafayette Conference Center
The Louisiana Historical Association invites proposals for its 57th Annual Meeting to be held in Lafayette, Louisiana, March 5th to 7th, 2015. The meeting will take place at the Ramada Lafayette Conference Center at 2032 N.E. Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette, La. 70501.
The Program Committee invites sessions on any aspect of Louisiana History, from any era, and is open to both traditional scholarly panels as well as proposals that employ creative session design. The committee welcomes proposals from graduate students, archivists, oral historians, documentary filmmakers, public historians such as curators and interpreters, as well members of the preservation community. Complete session proposals are encouraged, but individual paper proposals are also welcome.
Proposals should be submitted in a single Mircosoft Word .docx or PDF format file and include:
• A cover sheet with the session title as well as the names, affiliations, and e-mail
addresses of all participants, including chair and commenter.*
• A summary of the focus and intent of the session not to exceed 250 words.*
• An abstract for each paper or presentation not to exceed 250 words. (Note that final individual presentations are generally confined to twenty (20) minutes per the LHA’s Taylor Rules.)
• A brief curriculum vita for each participant.
• Please inform the Program Committee in your proposal whether electronic equipment will be required in your presentation. Limited projection equipment is available, but the LHA cannot guarantee that it will perform optimally with presenters' computers and Power Point presentations. Therefore, presenters are strongly encouraged to bring their own a/v equipment.
• All materials are to be e-mailed to the program chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the proposal organizer in the body of
your message. Queries may be sent to the program chair, Dr. Justin A. Nystrom, Loyola University New Orleans.
* For full session proposals only
Submission Deadline: Monday, September 1, 2014